DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Kevin
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. DTX700 Series
  4. Tuesday, 30 January 2018
Hi folks, I'm seriously considering the purchase of a Yamaha DTX drum set and this is probably a silly question, but it will help me decided on whether I have to go with a DTX900 module or I can get away with a DTX700. I believe I'd be just fine with the DTX700 and I really like the fact that there is an iPad app, but I want to add 2 more pads.

In the Resources section of this site, there are instructions on adding pad to the DTX700 module and it reads:
"1. Plug the new pad into a trigger input (1-11) of the DTX700 and turn on the DTX700.
2. From KIT mode, press [F2] TRIGGER and use the data-wheel to select the trigger setup for your kit." etc...

The back of the DTX700 has a 12th input marked "HH-KICK". I believe this is to be used if you plan to use the hi-hat pedal as a kick drum for a double bass kit. My question is this... Can the #12 input be reprogrammed for another cymbal or drum pad? Is that why the above instructions refer to inputs 1-11, not 1-12? I already plan to add a drum pad to #11 and I'd like to add a cymbal pad to #12 or vice versa.

Thank you in advance for your help!!
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Add the cymbal to #11 to get 2/3 zones and the extra pad to #10 either with a y-cable or via the thru port on the kick pad.

Once you've run out of physical inputs you can expand massively using the MIDI IN port and using a trigger-to-MIDI converter or another (dumber!) module.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX700 Series
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Thanks, David! Now, you've gotten me so psyched up to get the DTX700!! I can't wait!! Are there any trigger-to-MIDI converters that work better with Yamaha pads and modules or any that I should avoid? I truly appreciate your help to this beginning e-drumer
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX700 Series
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Trigger-to-MIDI for extra pads? The easiest/cheapest is to buy an old DTX module. (DTX Pro, DTXpress I, II, III, DTX500, any with a DIN MIDI OUT...). You can get them for less than 100 of your local currency.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX700 Series
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2021 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.