DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Kevin
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. DTX502 Series
  4. Saturday, 03 February 2018
Switching from a Roland module to the DTX502. Neither of my Hart Dynamics or Roland FD8 seem to work as a HH Controller. Is there a way to make my existing controller work?
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Nope - not really. It's one of the areas that modules from different manufacturers differ. HH65 pedals are easy to find, though and cheap (and won't break down like the FD8!) You may be able to sell the FD8 for the same as an HH65.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
May sell a few other items and save up for the RHH135. If I go that route, I don't need the HH65 but I do need a regular Hi Hat stand which I already have. Correct?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Dave wrote:

May sell a few other items and save up for the RHH135. If I go that route, I don't need the HH65 but I do need a regular Hi Hat stand which I already have. Correct?

Yup. The RHH130 and RHH135 mount on a hi-hat stand. The HH65 is just a pedal and you use that with any pad (note - there are those who say the HH65 has a greater subtlety on virtual hat position and sound than the RHH135... I have 'em all - go and test drive if you have the opportunity)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
This kit is for my home studio so other drummers will be using it more than me. So would I need to have both available?

In my prior incarnation, doing some jazz work, the HH was really substandard and I never realized how important it is for that style of music.

I want to be able to cover as many genres as possible. Would appreciate your thoughts!

Dave
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
"This kit is for my home studio so other drummers will be using it more than me. So would I need to have both available?"....Not sure I get your question...
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Guess a better question is if you could have only one, either the RHH135 or HH65, which would you choose?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Actually in doing more research I have a more specific question. I see the DTX502 has the following Midi Map

hihat Open 46 A# 1 46 A# 1
hihat EdgeOpen 78 F# 4 46 A# 1
hihat CupOpen (*1) 85 C# 5 46 A# 1
hihat Close 42 F# 1 42 F# 1
hihat EdgeClose 79 G 4 42 F# 1
hihat CupClose (*1) 86 D 5 42 F# 1
hihat FootClose 44 G# 1 44 G# 1
hihat FootSplash 83 B 4 46 A# 1

Con you confirm that the 502 is able to send continuous control? Any idea how variable is it?

In Superior Drummer they have various gradations of Open (1,2, 3, 4) even Bell Open (1, 2, 3) and so CC becomes very important.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 7
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2021 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.