DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Kevin
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. DTX502 Series
  4. Monday, 12 February 2018
In the manual it states TOM1/10, TOM2/11], TOM3/12
• Each of these jacks comprises a pair of mono trigger inputs. Using a separately-sold Y-cable*, you can route trigger signals from mono pads into inputs 10, 11, and 12.

I have successfully been able to setup 2 of them up as crashes on dual trigger cymbal pads but it seems as though I have lost their choking capability. I think this is correct that the second trigger is what allows the choking data to be transmitted as well as the edge sound.

Does anyone know that if I wanted one of my crashes choke-able, if combining back say 10 and 11 (two mono) to Stereo input of dual trigger would work?

I was not sure how much the module is responsible for understanding these signals and creating the appropriate choke MIDI messages.

Would appreciate help.
Thanks
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
The choke in a Yamaha cymbal is a switch. Triggers are piezos. The inputs you mentioned are for piezos, not switches. So, no, sorry.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # Permalink
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Thanks for keeping me on track here. After reading the explanation below from another forum I think I am a little closer to understanding and why a stereo cable would be necessary.

>>
The choke is a switch to ground, but it is not on the same terminal as the piezo. The module does not monitor the piezo when looking for a choke. It monitors the choke/edge switch signal. If the edge switch closes AFTER the cymbal is struck, then the module will choke the cymbal sound. Yamaha 3 zone cymbal has only one piezo and it is connected to the TIP of the jack. All of the switches are connected to the RING of the jack.
<<
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2021 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.