DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Bret
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. Tuesday, 20 February 2018
I just picked up the DTX-Multi 12 pad and the DTX522k electronic kit. My end goal is to have both pieces connected together so that they behave as one seamless kit. I know this is possible one way or another (while at NAMM, I played a DTX532 kit coupled with the DTXM12, with all audio coming out of one amp/headphones)...
Is this possible without a mixer? In other words, is there a way to incorporate both pieces together with just the inputs/outputs on each device? Or would it be best/easiest to just use a splitter to split audio coming from both devices to one output?

Furthermore, since I'm out of instrument inputs on the DTX522 brain, I want to add an additional drum/cym pad (crash cym) where I could use the DTXM12 to act as an 2nd brain to support any extra drum pads.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
The DTX502 lacks what I call "proper" MIDI (as in 5-pin DIN MIDI IN and OUT). So, connecting those units together is a pain, as is adding extra pads to the DTX502.

So, dealing with "combining" the units, That's simple using audio - send the audio from one unit (either) into the Aux In of the other. That will save you using a mixer.

As for expanding the DTX502 itself, one option you have is splitting some of the inputs from dual inputs to 2 x mono inputs, See the manual on that. Obs, the pads connected to the splitters will be mono only. Otherwise use the Multi12 and send the audio as described, above.

(its is possible to use MIDI, but you'll have to get a USB MIDI host unit to connect to the DTX502, then you can connect the Multi12 to the 502 and send pad information. Or... or you could get a computer involved, but that's a different story).

I'd stick to sending the audio from one to the other!
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.