DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Miguel
  2. EAD10
  3. Wednesday, 27 February 2019
Hello, I had some problems in live performances with the EAD microphone, as I usually play in small places the microphone ended up capturing several things on the stage so I had the idea to put two microphones in the B for snare and another for the bass drum since it is stereo, the result was quite satisfactory because it was perfect for small presentations my doubt is if it can damage the module?
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hey Miguel,

If the microphone is picking up too much side noise on stage, trying turning down the mic sensitivity first.

Also, if you're getting a lot of feedback, just be aware that its to be treated just like any other microphone, in that if you have amplifiers or floor wedges pointed directly at you or too close to you on stage, it could cause feedback problems.

Also, be careful with too much compression or special unique effects, as these can cause a lot of feedback if overdone.

As far as using other mic's with the EAD10, it's really out of the scope for it's orignial design and intended purpose. Not saying you couldn't try other mic's, but it's just intended to be used with the condesnor mics built inside of the sensor box that attaches to the rim of your bass drum.

Keep us posted Miguel,

Jordan
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. EAD10
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Hello Jordan thank you very much I'm going to try to adjust the microphone settings of ead ;)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. EAD10
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Awesome Miguel, keep us posted on the end result!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. EAD10
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2021 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.