DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Ed
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. Tuesday, 16 April 2019
Hello, I've recently purchased a DTX532 kit to use in my studio for teaching drum set. Previously I was using low volume cymbals and combinations of drums with mesh heads and practice pads. The DTX is much more fun and satisfying for my students to play; they get the sensation and instant feedback of a big drum kit sound without blasting me through the door with volume. All good so far, except, the hi hat does not have a clear open and close sound and it is barely audible. It doesn't make a nice crisp "chip" sound when played with the foot pedal. I'm old-school and would not be caught dead with digital drums on stage - but for practice and teaching, they're pretty cool. Except, as I said, the hi-hat ... for lack of a better term, sucks. Where do I start in fixing this problem?
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
(a) Which controller do you have?
(b) Have you started with a factory reset?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Thanks, I will reset it today and see what happens. It's the 502 module if that's what you mean by controller. Probably just an "ID-10-T" error on my part. I'm not use to playing things that have to be plugged in.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Dang, re-setting to factory seems to have worked. I'm happier than a gopher in soft dirt, thanks for the advice!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.