The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Ed
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. Tuesday, 16 April 2019
Hello, I've recently purchased a DTX532 kit to use in my studio for teaching drum set. Previously I was using low volume cymbals and combinations of drums with mesh heads and practice pads. The DTX is much more fun and satisfying for my students to play; they get the sensation and instant feedback of a big drum kit sound without blasting me through the door with volume. All good so far, except, the hi hat does not have a clear open and close sound and it is barely audible. It doesn't make a nice crisp "chip" sound when played with the foot pedal. I'm old-school and would not be caught dead with digital drums on stage - but for practice and teaching, they're pretty cool. Except, as I said, the hi-hat ... for lack of a better term, sucks. Where do I start in fixing this problem?
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
(a) Which controller do you have?
(b) Have you started with a factory reset?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Thanks, I will reset it today and see what happens. It's the 502 module if that's what you mean by controller. Probably just an "ID-10-T" error on my part. I'm not use to playing things that have to be plugged in.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Dang, re-setting to factory seems to have worked. I'm happier than a gopher in soft dirt, thanks for the advice!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!