DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Sam
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. Saturday, 04 January 2020
I just bought a used DTX502 kit. I am noticing that when I try to hit the hi-hat with it open, quickly, during play, it is quite unreliable. Sometimes I get an open hi-hat sound and sometimes I don't. If I do it slow it works, but not if I'm trying to do it fast. Is this a limitation of electronic drums? Is there a setting I can change? Is there a way I can set up the hi-hat (height, etc.) to improve the situation? Or do I just need to hit it differently? Thanks!
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Plenty of settings to set for your personal playing style. All in the manual.

(you don't mention which hat controller you have)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Mine is the RHH135. I only see two settings under pad settings. One is about splash sensitivity. The other about position. I changed the latter so that it closed the virtual gap between cymbals (I went from 28 to 14). I also adjusted the height of the pedal down, so it is easier for me to move my foot up and down. Those changes seem to help.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Cool - you done the foot pedal stuff. You can also adjust all the pad settings, as you would with any other pad - hit the pad without pushing down the pedal and tweak those.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.