DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Antonino
  2. DTX Drum Circle
  3. Friday, 12 June 2015
Hi, I currently own a cheap pedal with a felt beater. Because I'm trying to reduce the noise and especially the vibrations caused by the kick drum (KP65), I'm looking into more silent options to replace the beater. Would anyone be willing to share experience and advice? Thanks a lot.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
To reduce noise i've purchased Roland Noise Eater carpet (NE-10 Noise Eater), but not the big one - just the same size as our Yamaha pedal. It works.. at least as a first step.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX Drum Circle
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I've been using the KU100 pedal for a few months. I guess it's as quiet as anything hitting another thing can physically be (actually, the spring inside it is making a little metallic noise that bothers me more than the oomph itself). It does create quite a bit of vibration on the floor (again, it's something hitting another thing into the floor...) which I feared would be a problem, but so far I've had no complaints from the neighbours downstairs. I do have two layers of carpet under my kit and rarely play after 8PM, so that may be why :)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX Drum Circle
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
I got directions to make a platform from the dtxperance website years ago using tennis balls that TomTom mentioned , but that web site is so messed up you might not be able to find it. It works well , but a soft thump can be heard from below. I got a KAT silent strike bass drum beater (KT-TBB) and that reduces the thump more.

Good Luck!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX Drum Circle
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.