DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Shih
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. Tuesday, 04 February 2020
Hi there,

I'd like to use a foot controller to adjust DTX-multi 12 overall volume. I tried to connect it according to the description in the manual on page 29 (followed). I connect a FC-7 type generic foot controller and tried to connect it on CC07 but failed in the UTIL4-1 setup, the 13-17 foot SW LED doesn't light up at all. My question is, when I setup UTIL4-1, the screen shows

UTIL4-1 -FTSW- ch10
Func=CC07/127

What is the ch? and what channel should I set it to? How can I make the foot controller work for adjusting overall sound? thanks!

With the DTX-MULTI 12 turned off, connect the FC7 Foot Controller via the FOOT SW jack.
• Turn on the DTX-MULTI 12.
• On the Foot Switch Input page (UTIL4-2), set FootSwIn-Sel to “FC7”. (See page 89.)
• On the Pad Function page (UTIL4-1), select FTSW and
then set Func to the MIDI Control Change message (“CC01” to “CC95”) that you want to control. (See page 88.)
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Check out this video, Shih-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcM9AyYQcY4

Might answer some of your questions.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
The LEDs light for triggers, not controller.

Ch10 is for affecting the volume of the drum parts, yes. Might not affect other sounds if they are thru other channels from the tone-generator.

Exactly what foot pedal are you using? a Yamaha FC7 or Yamaha FC9?

If you want to change the volume of everything, it's easier to use a Yamaha FC9 (or maybe Behringer's rip-off) and pass the audio thru it!
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.