The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Sam
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. Wednesday, 04 March 2020
The bass drum pedal and kick pad make a lot of noise. I play an Alesis drumset at the music store that is an inferior kit in many ways but the bass pedal is super soft (and much easier to kick I might add). Is there a way to make it quieter? I'm talking about the actual acoustic noise it makes. It makes it so I need really good headphones or turn the amp way up to not be annoying.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Which kick? KP65?

I like the KP65 pads - I got pads from all sorts of people, but the KP65 is still my choice - live or rehearsals. Feel, obviously, is subjective.

Noise can be generated your acoustic kick pedal, the beater, the pad etc.

What beater are you using? This will make a difference to the noise level as well as the feel. Using a felt beater, for example, will make the overall sound quieter as well as making the feel "softer".

You can use any other kick pad or trigger - they're all just piezos - so a KP100 or KP125 from Yamaha will have a different noise profile and feel, or get the Alesis one you mentioned (just be ready with a screwdriver and soldering iron).

If noise is the main issue, consider a beaterless kick, like a KU100, or Roland KT9 or KT10.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Yes, I have KP65. Here is a pic of my pedal.
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D644099_07382366_0150543
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
There're a helpful vid from the Vdrum Tips YouTube channel about noise reduction-

Reducing Electronic Drum Noise

Like David said, the type of beater might help-

Roland KDB-200 Practice Kick Drum Beater

Ahead Vintage Boom Kick Bass Drum Beater

Tama Soft Sound Beater- Full Width
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!