DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Kevin
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. DTX502 Series
  4. Wednesday, 11 November 2015
I've been using my drum module as a trigger device (all sounds processed by my PC computer) so I don't need the features presented by DTX502 Touch app.
I'm able to upload MIDI songs from my PC into the module (thanks to MS Windows compatible application).
While I accept Android OS limitations' excuse (i.e. no 2-way communication) I still wonder why YAMAHA hasn't yet developed any solution for (let's say) Microsoft Windows OS users.
And I hope that such marketing policy is not intentional by YAMAHA.

I haven't got money to spent on an iOS based device JUST TO UPDATE MY DRUM MODULE'S FIRMWARE.
So this is really dissaponting :(
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
We are looking into the possibility of an online tool that would allow remote updates via the web. Stay tuned.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
When you consider that an old Rolnad TD9 could be conected to a computer to alter all kits its strange that a new product like the 502 would be so far behind the a very old Roland with no computer editor ?
When I bought mind there was no decloration against Windows or Apple label on the box but there was at least a half arsed programe to use with Windows , now im about to buy a new Kit so, do I get another Yamaha and be left in the cold or do I buy another Roland and just plug and play so to speak.

I was so happy when I first changed to Yamaha from Roland but now I feel unsupported and not wanted , we have your cash good bye .

When will we see some equality , I dont like Apple products , I just want to be able to control my Kit as I should be able to not locked out so please Yamaha HELP.!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Any luck with android yet Yamaha? Android 6 has two-way midi support.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Yamaha seems to be deaf to non-iOS users complaints. Personally I've been looking out for new TD 25K which seems to be a nice upgrade to my DTX532K. I invested some money in two additional pads so it is sad that now I'm left with no choice but to switch back to R.o.l.a.n.d :-/
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Anything further on a possible android version of the 502 touch app?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Any news about the on-line update feature?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Hey, all!

Thanks for your passionate contributions. Rest assured, Yamaha certainly cares about all our customers, and your experience with our instruments/products. It's why we do all that we can to present you with inspiring and powerful instruments that will hopefully help you devise your own creative contributions to the world and humanity. That said, we live in a world and time where, from time to time, certain technological and financial limitations may prohibit us from being able to immediately deliver the absolute best experience we can imagine. That doesn't mean we're always working and striving to improve. Keeping that in mind:

Re: Android - To develop and continually update an App for all Androids OS variants and versions is simply not cost-effective at the moment. We're curious/hopeful about Google developing a universal OS for their devices, so like iOS, we can develop and update one App for all devices. More on that as we know more about Fuchsia...

Re: PC Updating - Not sure about a web-based update at the moment. Currently, you should all be able to reach out to your country's Customer Support teams (go to http://www.yamaha.com, select your country from the link at the top right, click on the "Support" tab, then click on "Contact Us" to view contact options) for a non-iOS update solution.

If anything changes on either of these fronts, we'll make sure to post it on http://www.yamaha.com and on DTX.com immediately for all to celebrate and enjoy.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help clear up in the meantime!

Thanks all for your voice and support!

--

Maio
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Thanks a lot Maio Obregón for the comprehensive feedback but...

"Re: PC Updating - Currently, you should all be able to reach out to your country's Customer Support teams [...] for a non-iOS update solution."

...Don't quite understand how it should be useful if you, globally voicing The Company, don't have a clear and solid answear. Could you please elaborate on this?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 8
Votes
Undo
Victor!

I'll gladly elaborate, as I can understand how my answer could lack clarity:

There is currently a solution for non-iOS Users - Contact your local Support Team, and they should be able to either update the module themselves, or send you an update file. I hesitate to speak for all Yamaha subsidiaries around the world, but would presume they'd be equally up to the task. As this site is run by Yamaha Corporation of America I can not "globally" voice the company's intention or position, only locally.

As soon as it is deemed ready, we'll use all our available channels to communicate that there's a non-iOS Firmware Upgrade that Users can download and use themselves without the need for Support contact.

I hope that's a solid enough answer for now, my friend. Again, I'm committed to update DTX.com visitors myself when needed.

Thanks,

--

Maio
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 9
Votes
Undo
Wow those are fantastic news! Looking forward to get the update as you perfectly clear have explained.

By the way I apologize if my previous post felt kind of rude, sometimes is just disappointing that such a great product like this little one lacks the exposition and support that have other brands' equipment I consider inferior [Roland TD-11/15, anyone?]. I'm convinced my DTX502 is the best module available for the money and my plan is to keep it for long enough to get the best of it, or until Yamaha surprise us with another little wonder box like this.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 10
Votes
Undo
Victor!

No apology needed, friend. I can totally understand your position, and as you can imagine, we wish finding all the solutions to our customer's requests were as easy as snapping our fingers and making it happen. Until we master the magical arts, though, we're working as hard as humanly (non-magically) possible to provide our customers all the tools they need to best enjoy their instruments.

I'm glad you agree that the DTX502 is one awesome drum module, and I hope to get you more news on how to update it soon!

--

Maio
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 11
Votes
Undo
Hello, everyone!

Great news! Yamaha's uploaded a PC-version of the 1.30 Firmware Update, and I just posted an article in Resources with the link and info here.

Thanks for your patience, and enjoy!

--

Maio
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 12
Votes
Undo
Fantastic news! now let us NonIOS users download the custom kits please!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 13
Votes
Undo
Victor!

Working on a solution to getting non-iOS users to download the Custom Kits and load them via MusicSoft Downloader. Stay tuned!

--

Maio
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX502 Series
  3. # 14
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2021 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.