DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Kevin
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. DTX900 Series
  4. Friday, 01 April 2016
I am starting to explore the extended capabilities of the DTX900 module and am hitting a roadblock.
I downloaded the Ocean Way Drums Xspand kits and Installed them following the directions. They show up into the USR 1,2,3 slots and sound great. However, when I go to turn the system off and back on. All the samples are gone but the place holders are still in the 1,2,3 slots. I then have to upload the kits again from my USB device.

Notes:
My DIMM cards (2x) are installed correctly
I noticed that after loading the kits from the USB tha.t memory is being used when I go into sampling. After I turn off the module and back on, the sampling memory has been dumped.

I am assuming that the module is looking for this nonexistent sampling data, thus the problem.

Is there a procedure for saving this? Or do I always have to reload the kits from USB every time I want to use them?

Thanks.
  Dundas, MN, USA
Visit 
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
yes, you have to load them every time. There is an Autoload folder, if you only use one of the add on kits all the time, I think you can put it in there and it will load when you turn on the module, but I'm not 100% on how that works.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX900 Series
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hey, Andrew & Jason!

Apologies for the delay in responding, friends. If you're still having issues:

Jason is correct. The RAM in the DTX900 is "volatile," which means it'll hold the loaded info only for that session (between power off/on). Although it will hold the Kit and parameter data on the built-in flash in between power-cycles, you do have to load the WAV data every session.

Jason makes the excellent suggestion of using the Autoload Folder (Owner's Manual p.125, available for download here), which allows you to store your Kit+WAV data AllFile in the "AUTOLOAD" directory on the USB device, and have it recalled and loaded at the top of every session. So, I'd recommend you load every Kit+WAV data you have in one session, and save a new AllFile with everything in it, then drop that into the AUTOLOAD directory for it to recall at the top of the next session automatically.

I hope that helps, but let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!

--

Maio
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX900 Series
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2021 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.