DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Marc
  2. DTX Drum Circle
  3. Sunday, 17 April 2016
Hi, just wanted to share I am happy with the 532K I set up last weekend. Happy with the sounds, the feel, the looks. I do think the user manual is extremely complicated to read and the module not reall easy to use, not intuitive so to speak. Example: how to set the metronome to perform shuffle or at least triplet measures? Should anyone know, please reach out.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hey, Marc!

Apologies for the delay in responding, my friend. Glad you're enjoying the kit, and if you're still having metronome troubles:

I'll be referencing pages in the manual, but hopefully demystifying them for you. If you need access to it, you can download it here. The Metronome settings are discussed on p.32-36, and saving your custom click is discussed on p.37.

1. Enter the CLK1 (Click parameters, pg.1) by holding down [SHIFT] and pressing the [METRONOME] button.

2. Move the cursor to the right by using the left/right arrow buttons until you scroll to the CLK2 page.

3. Unless you've changed the Time Signature value, you're still in 4/4, and the metronome is giving you quarter notes as a click. What we now want is to raise the volume of the eight-note triplets, and this page will let us do it. Navigate to the bottom right parameter with the left/right arrows (it looks like an eight-note with a number "3" next to it) and raise the volume with the [DATA DIAL] until you can here the eight-note triplet subdivisions.

4. Further customize the Accent (Acc, as in first quarter-note of each measure) and quarter-note (the rest of the measure's quarter-notes) volumes as you see fit.

5. Follow the manual for any additional customizations you'd like to make, then follow p.67 to save your custom click set so you can just recall it in the future as opposed to starting from scratch every time.

Hope that makes sense, but if it doesn't, I'd reach out to your local Customer Support team for real-time support over phone or email. If you're in the U.S., their contact options are here. If you're outside the U.S., go to http://www.yamaha.com, select your country via the link at the top right, click on your country's site's "Support" tab, then click on "Contact Us" to view contact options.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

--

Maio
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX Drum Circle
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.