DTX FORUM

Got questions? The DTX community is here to help.

The mail function has been disabled by an administrator.

1. Chris
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. Thursday, 09 February 2017
I have converted my samples to 16bit wave files by putting them in logic and bouncing them down that way. I put them on a formatted flash drive but I always see files mot found or illegal operation. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance for your help.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I was having the same problem. You have to just drag and drop the files into the formatted multi 12 drive. DO NOT PUT THEM IN A FOLDER! Just let them hang about loosely in the USB drive. The manual does explain it as place the files at the root directory I didn't know what a root directory was until I looked it up and the manual doesn't explain that. I wish they put the ( DO NOT PUT THEM IN A FOLDER! ) in the manual. It would have saved two days of frustration. I just happened to stumble across a video on how to do it and the guy just did what i explained. That's when I looked up the meaning of root directory. I was going to attach a link to the video but now I can't find it online now. It's even a video made by Yamaha specifically for the multi 12!!!!! Very frustrating. The video also has step by step details on how to put it in the multi 12. Where did it go!,

It was called
DTX-MULTI 12: WAVE IMPORT VIDEO
Good luck.
Troy.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Did this solve the problem? Also, I suggest a more specific title. How about: "Not found or illegal operation" when accessing flash-drive audio samples - currently, the title could mean / that you just can't find how to plug in the USB or something. : )
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Troy wrote:

I was having the same problem. You have to just drag and drop the files into the formatted multi 12 drive. DO NOT PUT THEM IN A FOLDER! Just let them hang about loosely in the USB drive. The manual does explain it as place the files at the root directory I didn't know what a root directory was until I looked it up and the manual doesn't explain that. I wish they put the ( DO NOT PUT THEM IN A FOLDER! ) in the manual. It would have saved two days of frustration. I just happened to stumble across a video on how to do it and the guy just did what i explained. That's when I looked up the meaning of root directory. I was going to attach a link to the video but now I can't find it online now. It's even a video made by Yamaha specifically for the multi 12!!!!! Very frustrating. The video also has step by step details on how to put it in the multi 12. Where did it go!,

It was called
DTX-MULTI 12: WAVE IMPORT VIDEO
Good luck.
Troy.

Does this help? https://youtu.be/hy5nZYleiMM
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. DTX-MULTI 12
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
2020 © Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.