Yair
Yair
Resolved
0 votes
I'm thinking to buy a second hand 750k. I just saw the new 760K and was wondering:
Is the new IOS software can work on the 750k?
I'm interested to know what is needed to get any VST software to work with the Ekit, do you need a sound card on your PC?
Is it hard work to get the Midi mapping going?
Can you somehow save certain midi sounds on a USB and use it later without your PC?

Thank you
Sunday, October 30 2016, 12:23 AM
Share this post:
Responses (5)
  • Accepted Answer

Monday, October 31 2016, 04:51 AM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Hey, Yair!

The DTX700Touch App will work with the DTX700 module, which is the same from the DTX750K to the DTX760K. The main difference between the kits is the pads. The DTX760K will get you two 12" Pads (snare and floor tom), two 10" pads (rack toms) and the new KP100 kick pad vs. one 10" Snare, three 8" Toms and smaller KP65 kick on the DTX750K. The DTX760K is definitely an upgrade regarding feel, which tends to lead to a better performance from the musician.

Re: Connectivity - all you need is a USB A-B cable (like a printer cable) to connect the module with your computer or iOS device and use MIDI information to trigger your VST kit. You mention "MIDI Sounds," which I'm unclear on, since MIDI is data, not audio. You can definitely load audio files onto the DTX700 module to make your own custom kits, or download some of the free kits we've posted on DTX.com via the DTX700Touch App.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any further Qs!

--

Maio
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Yair
    Yair
    Friday, November 11 2016, 09:04 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Thank you for your answer. I baught the 750k. if the snare real time control knob dosen't work is there another way of changing that element?

Also The high-hat seem to be staying a little open unless I really push it down with the pedal is there a way to fully close the hi-hat with less effort? Thank you
  • Accepted Answer

Monday, November 21 2016, 06:12 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Hey, Yair!

Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the delay!

It may be difficult to troubleshoot your issues via the Forum as I don't have a DTX700 with me, so I recommend you reach out to your local Support Team by going to www.yamaha.com, selecting your country from the link at the top right, clicking the "Support" tab, then seeing the contact options provided.

For now, I can have you try the following, pulling from the manual:

- For Pad Control adjustment, go to Menu -> Kit -> Pad -> PadCtrlType

- For HiHat Sensitivity/Close adjustment, go to Menu -> Utility -> Pad -> FootClosePos & FootSplashSens

I'm waiting to hear back from U.S. Support in case there's any other way to address those issues. I'll Reply if I get directions that differ from my own.

Hope that helps, friend!

--

Maio
  • Accepted Answer

Monday, November 21 2016, 06:37 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Yair!

Here's some additional info/considerations from US Support. They're responding to my suggested methods:

"Yes, the first part is correct - knob can turns stares on/off, tuning etc. The second part is a little trickier, and the suggestion that usually works, is a technique change. It helps to get used to playing with less motion in the hi-hat. On the RHH135 the hi-hat pedal can have a few inches of motion, but there is only about a half inch of sensor motion. So it might help to make sure the sensor is close to (but not touching) the bottom flat part when the foot is off the pedal, and adjust the FootClose and Clutch settings accordingly so that it closes fully when pressed and opens fully when off. "

Hope that helps further!

--

Maio
  • Accepted Answer

Yair
    Yair
    Thursday, November 24 2016, 10:50 AM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Thank you so much for your help
    I haven't tried it yet but according to what you wrote by going to pad-cntrtype I can adjust the snare as if I would use its manual knob for the "snare-net" ?

As for the high-hat I can see what they are talking about I have tried a few things. when playing basic patterns it works ok yet when it needs to go up and down in a fast rapid pace it's really inaccurate compared to a real high hat. The sensor works fine but I really have to press my leg on it to fully close it while any sort of movement makes it open even though my leg is fully present on the pedal. I'll try adjusting the clutch but it seems like it's always not gonna be 100% accurate.

P.s I wanted to know where I can get more info on creating loops and using effects on the 750k :)

Thank you so much for you help again!
Your Reply