Jordan
Jordan
Resolved
0 votes
Now available for both Android and Apple users!

The touch app will enable you to create customizable edits to your 402 series kits, and also allows you to maneuver all of the added features that the kit module possesses, such as the play along songs, practice exercises, and all of the other fun and useful features!
Wednesday, July 11 2018, 04:19 PM
Share this post:
Responses (8)
  • Accepted Answer

David
    David
    Wednesday, July 11 2018, 05:43 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    There's more Multi12s out there than DTX402s. Where's the Multi12 Android app, old chap?
    • Jordan
      more than a month ago
      Nothing coming down the pipe for awhile in regards to having an Android App for the M12, maybe someday though!

Jordan
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

David
    David
    Friday, July 13 2018, 05:37 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Doubt it. Yamaha would have done it by now. No excuse, really - had coming up for 10 years practically!
    Yamaha's sometimes very very weird. Great products bad marketing and business sense.
    They'd only have to employ one person for a few days to sort this.
  • Accepted Answer

Jordan
    Jordan
    Friday, July 13 2018, 06:43 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    -1 votes
    Thanks for the input David,

The issue with Android is that they have a lot of different operating systems, and it would make it difficult to keep up with those changes throughout time, where as apple has stayed pretty consistent in their approach and design over time. Though like I said, maybe one day a solution will surface to tailor to the Android user community.

Secondly, the M12 is a very complex machine and has a lot of information in it, so the iPad and general simplicity of Apple, seem to function well with this device. I'm not entirely sure if android has a tablet that would work well with the M12 either, but I could be completely incorrect in saying that, however the iPad just seems to function well with the M12.

Thanks David,

Jordan
  • Accepted Answer

David
    David
    Monday, July 16 2018, 04:05 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Jordan wrote:

The issue with Android is that they have a lot of different operating systems, and it would make it difficult to keep up with those changes throughout time, where as apple has stayed pretty consistent in their approach and design over time. Though like I said, maybe one day a solution will surface to tailor to the Android user community.

Jordan

"The issue with Android is that they have a lot of different operating systems,",

Not at all - It's one operating system with a number of versions in exactly the same way as differing versions of Windows, iOS, Linux etc.

(speaking as a programmer with a university degree in the subject.....).

"difficult to keep up with those changes throughout time"

Just a 60 second re-compile if necessary. How do you think at millions of other app writers do it? From one person in a garage to Microsoft? #NotRocketScience

Methinks someone is sounding like a politician and is coming up with unfounded and non-empirical excuses.

One programmer could sort this quickly and you would sell squllions more M12s. Simple investment / reward. Simple business. You *are* the largest instrument manufacturer in the world, are you not? ... and you've have a decade!!! 10 years!!!

Then, again, it seems Yamaha can't even work out how to delete spam from this forum, so perhaps your IT skills are somewhat lacking :p

David.

ps. The Multi12 is not that much more "complex" than a DTX402 - and you have an Android app for that, so your excuses are a little thin - how are you going to keep that "up-to-date" with all those millions of different Androids?

pps. "...complex and has lot of information in it, so the iPad and general simplicity of Apple, seem to function well with this device" - seriously??????? Rubbish and just a tad patronising! You must be an iPhone user :D

ppps. You do know that worldwide iOS is less than 13% of the market? Don't you want the other 87%?????

xxx
  • Accepted Answer

Jordan
    Jordan
    Monday, July 16 2018, 04:34 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Thanks for the input David,

You make some valid points, I appreciate the response.

As of now the M12 isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so I wouldn't doubt that when and if a new prototype/M12 life cycle gets developed, the talk of having both Android and Apple operating systems will be a serious discussion, no doubt about it. I'll definitely keep note of it and see about the possibility of implementing an Android device into the current life cycle of the M12, chances are slim though.

As far as the spam, we have a program we are putting into place, and it will eliminate all of the pesky spam bombs.

Thanks David,

Jordan
  • Accepted Answer

David
    David
    Tuesday, July 17 2018, 01:20 AM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    -1 votes
    Jordan wrote:

As far as the spam, we have a program we are putting into place, and it will eliminate all of the pesky spam bombs.

Thanks David,

Jordan

In the meantime, are you not a mod for this forum? Can't you just delete the posts? #NotRocketScience

....This forum is just EasyDiscuss on the awful Joomla platform... (running on a 1980s Commodore 64 it seems like from the speed!)

ps. Make me a mod if you like. These things are technically possible.
  • Accepted Answer

Ephrem
    Ephrem
    Friday, November 16 2018, 03:26 AM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Where can I find a tutorial for each exercice in the app ?!
  • Accepted Answer

David
    David
    Friday, November 16 2018, 06:48 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Jordan wrote:

Thanks David,

Jordan

Didn't work, did it?
Your Reply