Resolved
0 votes
Hello to everyone! Last week I've just bought Yamaha DTX402K. I read that with the help of MusicSoft Downloader I can load my own music into the drum module. And the problem is that the soft doesn't see the drums. I tried different USB port, cabels - and nothing changed. I have Win10 64-bit, with all drives installed (including Yamaha Steinberg driver).
Could you help me to fix this problem?
Thursday, July 25 2019, 01:39 PM
Share this post:
Responses (6)
  • Accepted Answer

    Georger
    Georger
    Offline
    Thursday, July 25 2019, 07:35 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    1 votes
    I believe Musicsoft Downloader is not compatible with your module (DTX402) because that's what I have on my DTX452K and it is not compatible, too. For more details, see Please see this thread.

    You can load MIDI songs, one file at a time, by means of the DTX402 Touch mobile app connected with the proper cable and adapter from a mobile device to your DTX402 module.
    Like
    1
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Friday, July 26 2019, 08:42 AM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Georger wrote:

    I believe Musicsoft Downloader is not compatible with your module (DTX402) because that's what I have on my DTX452K and it is not compatible, too. For more details, see Please see this thread.

    You can load MIDI songs, one file at a time, by means of the DTX402 Touch mobile app connected with the proper cable and adapter from a mobile device to your DTX402 module.

    Thank you for your reply! I've done all that you mentioned in those thread, but when I load the song to my drum module and push the "Song" button - nothing happens. The button does not shine. What's wrong?
    I think the problem is in music file. What program did you use to convert the song?
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Georger
    Georger
    Offline
    Friday, July 26 2019, 12:10 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    DiMaxKievUA wrote:
    Thank you for your reply! I've done all that you mentioned in those thread, but when I load the song to my drum module and push the "Song" button - nothing happens. The button does not shine. What's wrong?

    I don't know :( It worked on my module, and as far as I know it's the one and only documented, supported way to load songs. I suggest you contact Yamaha for help.

    DiMaxKievUA wrote:
    I think the problem is in music file. What program did you use to convert the song?

    There was no need to convert because I obtained my MIDI file from Yamaha MusicSoft. I signed up for their newsletter and got a free song as a reward.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Friday, July 26 2019, 03:02 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Georger wrote:

    DiMaxKievUA wrote:
    Thank you for your reply! I've done all that you mentioned in those thread, but when I load the song to my drum module and push the "Song" button - nothing happens. The button does not shine. What's wrong?

    I don't know :( It worked on my module, and as far as I know it's the one and only documented, supported way to load songs. I suggest you contact Yamaha for help.

    DiMaxKievUA wrote:
    I think the problem is in music file. What program did you use to convert the song?

    There was no need to convert because I obtained my MIDI file from Yamaha MusicSoft. I signed up for their newsletter and got a free song as a reward.

    Are there any other ways to convert the songs? Because on that site all songs are NOT for free!!! I don't want to sing up for sth.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Georger
    Georger
    Offline
    Saturday, July 27 2019, 03:37 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    DiMaxKievUA wrote:Are there any other ways to convert the songs? Because on that site all songs are NOT for free!!! I don't want to sing up for sth.


    Sorry, I have yet to convert any songs. A quick Google search with the terms "convert from mp3 to midi" brought up several results, but I don't know if those are legal or work well.

    And yes, the site is commercial.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    David
    David
    Offline
    Tuesday, July 30 2019, 02:06 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    "convert from mp3 to midi"

    is like making eggs from omelettes. Sort of possible and you can get some iffy results depending on the source material. Don't expect miracles.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
Your Reply