Gaylon
Gaylon
Product Question

RHH135 Stand Base

Resolved
0 votes
I have the RHH135 for my 750k kit. Its is missing the stand base. I have rigged up a felt stopper for under the pad. Is the stand base necessary? Does it have a function other than being a place for the pad to rest against?

The volume of my hat is low when playing the bow section,the edge is better, but still a little quiet. I have to push the slider up to hear it, on every kit. I havent messed with the settings yet. Is this normal? I play a Roland kit in church and the hat is noticeably better on the mix.
Friday, February 23 2018, 05:47 PM
Share this post:
Responses (4)
  • Accepted Answer

David
    David
    Friday, February 23 2018, 09:28 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Don't use a felt pad under the pad. The base is solid and is used to activate the sensor in the pad to control open/closed/etc. (why haven't got a base part? 2nd hand?)

As for volume, you need to set the trigger settings for the pad - have you done that?

Also - the trigger sensor is close to the Yammy logo - ensure the pad is that way round.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Gaylon
    Gaylon
    Saturday, February 24 2018, 03:53 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, it was used. Didn't know what I was missing, until it was missing. I have changed the trigger setting to "loud 2", its better but don't think I should have to change it that drastically to get some volume from it. When I hit the pad as I would on an acoustic hat, it registers between 37-43%. If I really get on it, it will read into the 80's and up 100. Could be a bad sensor? I pulled the pad and noticed the trigger on the bottom, explains why I need the stand base. Low volume from the "chick" when I close it as well . I heard from Yamaha and the stand base is not available for purchase separately. When I pull out the 1/4 plug It triggers and, the volume is where I thought it should be. I will experiment with different cables. I did read about the sensor by the label. Have been keen to make sure I hit there. Is there a trick to keep the pad from rotating as you play?
  • Accepted Answer

David
    David
    Saturday, February 24 2018, 04:45 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    The pads shouldn't rotate as you should have a rotation stopper attached to the clutch.
    Have a look at the RHH135 "manual" to see what you *should* have. e.g. https://ca.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/9/335039/rhh135_en_de_fr_es_om_a0.pdf

Low volume from the chick is because of the missing base and your use of a felt.

As for the gain - just turn it up on the module until it matches your playing style.

ps. Yamaha in UK will sell spares. I don't know where you are.
  • Accepted Answer

Gaylon
    Gaylon
    Saturday, February 24 2018, 11:22 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    A little more time on the google machine today. i found a video from yamaha.com about double nutting the bottom of the hihat rod to prevent spinning of the hat pad. will give that a try tonight. As well as the other troubleshooting items for the pad.
Your Reply