JADEN
JADEN
Resolved
0 votes
I’m debating between getting the 402 on Amazon for $500 or the other for $100 cheaper through a website that sells used goods. Can anyone offer insight into whether the 450 is superior, equal, or lesser to the 402 since the 450 is an older model? Thank you.
Monday, December 02 2019, 09:04 AM
Share this post:
Responses (4)
  • Accepted Answer

Ian
    Ian
    Monday, December 02 2019, 07:59 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Hey Jaden,

The advantages of the 402 over the 450 are:

-Improved rack
    -Improved sounds
    -Softer and quieter pads
    -DTX402 Touch app (more intuitive with new challenges and training features)
    -Rec'n'Share app (record audio and video of your performance with your own music)

The advantages of the 450 over the 402 are:

-3-zone snare pad
    -Kick tower with Yamaha pedal
    -Improved hi-hat controller

So basically the 402 has an improved module and great apps to work with it. The 450 has upgraded hardware.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

David
    David
    Tuesday, December 10 2019, 12:35 AM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    No need to respond. It's a fake post copied from Reddit. Third time it's appeared on here at least. Spammy scammer. The come back a re-edit the post and stuff it with spam links.

https://www.reddit.com/r/drums/comments/akv5y5/yamaha_dtx_402k_or_dtx450k/
    • Ian
      more than a month ago
      We really gotta put an end to this LOL. Thanks for all your help. We're working with the developers to fix the forum; the new site should be up before NAMM. Fingers crossed!!!!
  • Accepted Answer

David
    David
    Wednesday, December 11 2019, 08:45 PM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    Ian wrote:

We really gotta put an end to this LOL. Thanks for all your help. We're working with the developers to fix the forum; the new site should be up before NAMM. Fingers crossed!!!!

It's not rocket science. I could get you a forum up-and-running in an hour. Doesn't need a team of developers.

I did offer to assist in admin on this forum, but the previous incumbent poo-poo'ed that before he disappeared.
    • Ian
      one week ago
      Sorry I just saw this! Basically the current forum software is outdated and just needs to be updated and have some spam prevention plug ins installed! I wish we could use a different platform but Yamaha likes to keep everything within its ecosystem. I will talk to the guys here to see if you can be made an admin!
  • Accepted Answer

David
    David
    Thursday, January 09 2020, 01:08 AM - #Permalink
    Resolved
    0 votes
    It's just the awful easydiscuss forum on the awful (at least it's not WordPress) off-the-shelf Joomla - not really an "ecosystem" !. :) :D

(and it's not even set up right. All the MIME types are stuffed as well. Any 16-year-old intern could sort this in 30 minutes) ;)
    • Ian
      one week ago
      Haha I know! This website is a huge mess..and very much left to rot...the new website should be up and running after NAMM. I myself am no fan of easy discuss and joomla...and by "ecosystem" I guess I'm really referring to Yamaha sticking to using pretty much the same back-end people and processes for most of its websites...so you can imagine it takes awhile for us marketing guys change things up. Until now, much of it has been out of our hands!
Your Reply